Regular numbers8 23 26 34 50
Lotto America – Online Lottery Review
Lotto America Overview
There are hundreds of international lotteries that are available to play online. So, it can really be a struggle to choose the right one for you. Undoubtedly, there are many fantastic lotteries out there but let’s be real, no one can play them all. Surely that will increase your chances of winning a jackpot anywhere in the world, but who can keep track of all lotteries!
This is why finding a couple of good lotteries or a few that you can play regularly is the best system for winning. This is why reviews of the odds, good jackpot sums, and reasonable price tags should be a priority when doing research. With that said, the Lotto America New Mexico Lottery ticks all the markers of providing a great lotto experience and is a subject of our in-depth review today. We will look at Lotto America from odds of winning, to taxes, prize distributions, and online bets, to see how it competes with the other lotteries out there.
Lotto America New Mexico Lottery History
Lotto America was first established in 1988. This made it among the first lotteries in the USA and in New Mexico. However, the first time this lotto appeared on the scene it only lasted for four short years unfortunately before eventually being scrapped.
Multi-State Lottery Association
After some time, the multi-state lottery association organized another lottery in 2002 called Hot Lotto. This managed to survive for about 15 years before getting canceled because of the poor ticket sales in 2017. Finally, the same year, the association decided to bring back Lotto America. So, this particular lottery game was officially reborn on November 12, 2017.
New Mexico Lottery Authority
Lotto America is fully regulated and organized by the New Mexico Lottery Authority. They serve to ensure that everything is correct and fair regarding the draws and the reward payouts. They also ensure that the rules of the game are set correctly and the odds are measured statistically correctly so that there is no way for anyone, organizers or players, to defraud the lottery.
How To Play Lotto America Lottery?
The Lotto America is a fairly straightforward lottery to play because it is organized as a simple double-matrix lottery. Namely, to play, you will need to buy a bet that costs $1 and pick five numbers from the 1 to 52 pool of numbers. These five numbers are the primary numbers that you will need to match on the draw in order to win big cash from one of the second-tier rewards.
How to win the jackpot?
If you are aiming for the jackpot, then you will need to pick an additional Star Ball number from a pool ranging from 1 to 10. This way, with the five matched numbers plus the sixth Star Ball number you are going to win the jackpot.
The Star Ball Numbers Feature
The price of the Lotto America bet is only $1. However, the extra feature Star Ball number costs an additional dollar to activate. When you play with the Star Ball you can multiply any sum that you are entitled to by a number that will get chosen before each draw. Usually, the multipliers range from 2X to 5X.
The Star Ball will not multiply the jackpot, but it will get you any other lower-tier sum to be considerably bigger and is a fair addition to potential winners.
Lotto America Odds of Winning
When compared to other lotteries internationally and within the United States, you will see that Lotto America has some pretty favorable odds of scoring both the jackpot and any other prize with the primary numbers.
The jackpot amount is no small sum. $2 million are guaranteed as a minimum and with each draw that it isn’t won it rolls over and grows. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 25,989,600. Although high, they are still decent. Especially when we take into consideration the odds of winning the Powerball or the Mega Millions which are higher than 200,000,000 and 300,000,000.
Lotto America Prize Tiers
There are nine other sums available for the Lotto America New Mexico Lottery and is promising, especially when you take into consideration that the odds for winning any prize are only 1 in 9. This is great because, with the Star Ball multiplier in play, this promises some good scores overall.
Here is a quick overview of the nine prize tiers, what is required to claim a prize, what is the approximate prize amount, and the odds of winning each tier:
– For the first prize tier or the jackpot of a minimum of $2 million, your odds of winning are 1 in 25,989,600 and you need to match all five primary winning numbers plus the Star Ball number.
– The second tier prize requires the five winning numbers matched without the Star Ball and it awards approx. $20,000 with chances of winning of 1 in 2,887,733.
– The third tier prize brings about $1,000 and needs to have four winning numbers matched with the additional Star Ball number. The odds of winning the third tier are 1 in 110,594.
– The fourth tier prize awards its winners with about $100 and the chances are 1 in 12,288 and you need to match the four primary numbers.
– For winning the fifth prize tier your chances are 1 in 2,404 and you will get $20 as a reward by matching three numbers of the primary pool plus the Star Ball.
– The sixth tier is won by matching only three of the primary numbers without the Star Ball and is only $5 worth, while your chances are 1 in 267.
– The seventh tier which again brings its winners only $5 is much easier to get, 1 in 160, and can be won by matching two primary numbers and the Star Ball number.
– The eighth and the ninth prize tiers are both the same, bringing $2 in money as an award but the numbers needed to win are different. However, to get the eight-tier, you need to match only one of the numbers plus the Star Ball and your chances are 1 in 29. For the ninth tier, on the other hand, you need to only match the Star Ball without the other numbers and your chances of doing that are 1 in 17.
As you can see, the odds of scoring are pretty favorable but the prizes in the prize tiers below the fourth tier drop significantly even though the odds still remain high. However, this should not hold you back, because for $1-2 you can get some pretty decent prizes making it all worthwhile in the end.
Lotto America Drawing Time
There are two Lotto America draws per week and they take place on Wednesday and Saturday at 21:15PM (Mountain Time). You can check the draw results on their official website immediately after the draw has been concluded.
Jackpot Lotto America Payout Options
Just like with almost all of the big international lotteries, the winners of the jackpot can choose a lump sum payment or an annuity option that will be paid out over 30 years. We recommend getting the annuity payment because the lump sums are considerably lower than the actual jackpot winning. For instance, in 2018 a family from New Mexico were the jackpot winners for $22 million but in the end, they only got about $14 million with the jackpot lump sum payment.
Another thing that will lower your score considerably is the tax you will pay on all lottery winnings over $5,000. Namely, the federal tax is 24% and on top of that New Mexico also charges a 6% tax. This means in the start you are getting a 30% lowered win if you win the jackpot or the second-tier prize.
How To Play Lotto America New Mexico Lottery Online?
Lotto America can be played anywhere in the world online as well as within the United States through official lottery sites. Through them, you can choose the primary numbers along with the Star Ball numbers. This makes it a great lottery game option to be played from the comfort of your home. It is best to opt for their official website for buying the bets and checking the results.
Lotto America—Would We Recommend It?
The Lotto America is a great lottery game with favorable chances of winning at each draw and affordable bets. We especially like their Star Bell feature that multiplies your wins easily during the draw. The jackpot starts at $2 million which is a nice sum with good chances of winning of 1 in 25 million. The lottery itself is operated by the government, so each Lotto America drawing is unquestionably legit and the rules of play are fair to all players.
- Two draws per week
- Great minimum jackpot
- Favorable odds of winning the jackpot
- Favorable odds of winning any prize
- Ability to play online
- Reasonable lottery ticket
- Syndicate and group playing is possible
- Large taxes on the prizes
- The prizes in the lower-tier awards drop in value significantly